An essay is a short piece of writing from the authors point of view. Essays can be on daily life observations, political manifestos, criticism of some sort, basically literature, arguments or authors reflection. In simple terms, it is a small piece of writing on a particular subject.Writing an essay is not an easy task for all. Many find it as a dreaded challenge, a cumbersome task. Essay writing is an art; it is a skill that you need to learn an understand. Here we will guide you to write an effective essay with ease.
Points to consider when you are writing an essay:
- Brainstorming- You need to think on the topic before you start writing on it. Choose whether you want to give the general overview of the subject or specific analysis on something. Determine the purpose and then do indulge in some research related to it.
- Prepare an outline- Organizing the thoughts is necessary in order to write a good and effective essay. Put your thoughts on the paper, in this way you will be able to link the ideas more clearly. Organize your ideas and work on them.
- The introduction- Introduction should be such that it attracts the listener’s attention and show the focus of your essay. Using shocking information, a story or a dialogue or simply a quote is effective in grabbing the attention of the audience.
- The body- It is the main part of the essay. It describes the topic of your essay. All ideas that you jotted down becomes a separate section in the body of your essay.
- The conclusion- It sums up the overall ideas and is the closure of the essay. It should contain three to five strong sentences.
- Finishing touch- After you have completed the essay, go through it once again. Strongest points should be the first and the last section of your essay.